Magic area select

Post your suggestions for new and improved features
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

Magic area select

Postby woolymammoth » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:43 am

When I use the magic area select tool (awesome tool, rates up there with the undo button) to select an area, then copy and paste the area into a different design, the area deselects itself. If I want to move it I have to reselect the area. That isn't always possible if it overlaps stitches on the design. The rectangular and irregular area select tools do not automatically deselect after pasting. Can the magic area select be made to retain the selection after pasting like the other select tools?
woolymammoth
woolymammoth

Re: Magic area select

Postby DPSoftware » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:42 am

I am going to move this to the suggestions box as it will take longer to do and I don't want it to get forgotton. I will look at the way the cut and paste works since I think it would be good if a pasted area is treated as a layer until it is de-selected. This would allow it to be repositioned without deleting any stitches that were underneath the original paste.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Postby AmberSky » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Was this situation ever resolved? I would like to be able to paste a large irregular shape from one design into another, but see no way to force the design to land where I want it to in the design it is being pasted into. (It is pasted straight in, in the wrong place, and I can't see any way to define where it actually lands in the design.) Hmmmm.
AmberSky

Postby DPSoftware » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:22 pm

Latest version retains a pasted area as a layer. You can use move tool to move it into position without any stitches underneath being affected. As soon as you click outside the pasted area or choose another tool, the layer is merged permanently into the design. Saving a design while the pasted area is a layer will retain the layer in the open design but the saved version will be merged - so you cannot open a saved design and continue moving the pasted area as a layer. You can also rotate and reflect the pasted layer.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Return to Suggestion box