Resizing program window

Suggestions that have been implemented and are available in the latest update will be moved here. This makes it easier to see what is remaining. To request further changes, please start a new post in the suggestions forum.

Resizing program window

Postby lmantei » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:14 pm

It would be so nice if the program was coded to save a resized window and it's position at closing, and retain that size and position the next time the program was opened.

I like my program windows to be a specific size when working rather than have them fill my entire screen so when XStitch first opens in full (maximize) size I am forced to resize, and reposition the program into the center of my screen. When I click on the square in the upper right corner in hopes that this would reduce the size back to the last time the program was open, it reduces the size and drops the program into the lower right corner of my screen. The reduced size is a bit smaller than I normally use so I do have to increase the size, which is somewhat annoying and extra work. What is a bigger issue is the program practically disappears into the lower right corner, requiring me to manually move it back into the center of my screen. Also, at full screen, there are no resizing arrows that allow me to resize from full screen so, again, I'm forced to move and resize after clicking the square button. The only time I can go from the resized screen to full screen and back by clicking the square button is while the program is still open. Once it's closed, I lose the resized screen.

I have over 30 programs installed, and have resized each screen to a specific size. Each one opens in the center of my screen at the specific size I made and it was when I closed it. I'm not having to resize and reposition the program windows each time I open them. So, again, please code the program so it saves the previous window size and its position upon closing, and retains that size and position when reopened.
lmantei

Re: Resizing program window

Postby DPSoftware » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:01 pm

I will add the window size and position to the settings that are saved on the save settings function (Settings menu). It will be in the next update
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Re: Resizing program window

Postby lmantei » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:09 pm

Thank you.
lmantei

Return to Completed