Can't close all designs

Ask questions about the use of Cross Stitch Professional for Windows including Machine Cross Stitch.
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

Can't close all designs

Postby EliteDesigns » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:43 pm

Hi
Sometimes when closing designs, the last design won't close as such. Although the tab is called noname, a named and saved design that was open still shows. Also, if you click the New Design button, instead of creating a blank design, it just creates another noname but with the design still showing. You can also still see the design albeit with a funny set of colours when you go to import another design.

Thanks
Terry
EliteDesigns

Re: Can't close all designs

Postby DPSoftware » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:10 pm

This is a problem on the special update I posted but should not affect the program used with regular updates.

Here is a special update to solve it:

Link to special update:
http://www.dpsoftware.com/protected/v2007/special2.exe
(Requires your login ID/Password for registered users update page)

Note that special updates are posted to solve specific problems but since they have had less testing, they are not notified to regular users through the check for updates feature. Any user with access to the registered users area is welcome to try them and report any bugs.

Regards

Dave
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Postby EliteDesigns » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:15 pm

Thanks for that, after a quick test it seems OK at the moment.
I appreciate that the special version may have more bugs than the general release. Unfortunately I needed one of the quick fixes previously so now it seems I've dug myself into a hole where I need something that was in a special fix so can't easily revert to the general release. The program is set to check automatically so hopefully I'll pick up a stable release as and when it's available :)
Thanks
Terry

p.s. this special release asked for the serial number at the end of the install. I didn't have it handy, ended up closing the dialog and the program seemed to then run the new version anyway? I guess this special is practically a full install as it overwrote my default.xsp
EliteDesigns

Postby DPSoftware » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:39 pm

It was a full install (a mistake really) but if you already have the program unlocked with a code, you can just close the request for the code and it will be fine. The same applies if you choose to re-install the CD. Only if you de-install or erase your license file will you need the code again.

I am 99% confident that the special release is fine. I just had to make one new feature I was working on invisible because the library required for it was not ready and without instructions you would probably not figure out how to use it either.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Postby EliteDesigns » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:54 pm

Ah, excellent, no worries then :D
I must make sure I have a copy of the license key, the 2003 version I had a CD for but the Platinum version I downloaded so I guess I have it electronically somewhere. Can I backup my license file, is it the the .lic file in the program folder?
EliteDesigns

Postby DPSoftware » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:04 pm

Yes you can backup the lic file to ensure you never need the code again.

If you ordered from SWREG Softshop then you should have an email with your code but you can also login at their site and request it be resent. If you purchased from a European SWREG site and you purchased the registration code backup service then you should get it instantly - otherwise the request comes to me and you have to wait for me to respond.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Postby EliteDesigns » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Since the latest update, I am occasionally getting this problem again, I thought I would just resurrect this topic. There is another topic I am doing the same with.
EliteDesigns

Postby DPSoftware » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:18 pm

Update posted today.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support (Windows)