Invalid DMC Colour range

Ask questions about the use of Cross Stitch Professional for Windows including Machine Cross Stitch.
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

Invalid DMC Colour range

Postby ConceptionLibellule » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:08 pm

I've imported an JPEG image to the DPsoftware and the some colours don't exist in the standard DMC colours. For example, it generated the colour #1 (White Tin), #2 (Tin), #4 (Dark Tin), ...
It's the first time, of more than 10 projects, that this is happening. I've worked many hours to change the colours and to resolve this issue. :x Can someone help me?
ConceptionLibellule

Re: Invalid DMC Colour range

Postby DPSoftware » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:42 am

DMC released new colours 1-35 in November.

Registered users can download the new and old DMC ranges using their registration ID and password even if they do not subscribe to updates and are beyond the free update period:
https://www.dpsoftware.co.uk/protected/colours

If you have existing designs that are using the new colours and you only want to use the old ones, install the "pre 2017" DMC range, open the design and change to the DMC (pre 2017) range from the palette menu. The colours not in the old range will be matched to the nearest colour in the old range.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support (Windows)