Reduced number of colours in imported files

Ask questions about the use of Cross Stitch Professional for Windows including Machine Cross Stitch.
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

Reduced number of colours in imported files

Postby OldUFO » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:03 am

Sirs!
Just after Installation of the Plus Edition with Machine version I've seen the full ranged colours imported files (up to 219 colours)
But today I see not more than 80-90 colours in imported files!
I made the full program's reinstallation but the problem was not resolved.
Please, any advice about this situation!
Thank You for answering !
Sinserely yours,
Gregory Skvortsov
OldUFO

Re: Reduced number of colours in imported files

Postby DPSoftware » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:37 am

The program will use as many colours from your chosen manufacturers range as is helpful in creating a realistic design (up to the limit you specify). Since each manufacturers range is limited, it is often no help to use additional colours when those remaining are not a good match for the imported design.

If you want to maintain the number of colours so as to retain shading and use sets of colours that are not strictly correct but are better represented in the colour range then you can turn off colour matching in the import dialog and then set your colours manually by double clicking on the colours in the palette. For example, if a lady had a purple dress and the colour range did not contain many purples then turning off colour matching and then setting shades of blue for the purples, you could get a better looking design although not accurate to the original image.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Re: Reduced number of colours in imported files

Postby OldUFO » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:12 am

Sir!
Thank You very much for quick Respone!
I like such wonderfull Programm!
Thank You again!
Gregory Skvortsov